Friday, May 4, 2007

The Unexpected

Last evening around 7, my friend who is going through some really rough marital problems called and said, "Can I stay out at your place tonight?" Of course our door is always open for a friend. We were up into the wee hours of the morning talking about the whole affair (and I mean that literally). Last night she told me that the affair was indeed physical, which is not what she told me a few weeks ago when she dropped this bomb. She told her husband who flipped out. What a mess. My life does not usually include much drama--even vicariously, through my friend. This whole thing has been crazy. She talked for a long time. When we went to sleep last night, I absolutely had no idea what she was going to do.

One more time, she has decided to work on the marriage, and her husband is willing to take her back. I have to say, I didn't think he would take her back. He is a changed man when it comes to his attitude toward his wife, his marriage, and God. While I know there is nothing good about an affair, it took that to get his attention.

My friend always does the right thing. This time, I wasn't so sure it was going to happen. I fully believe that God will restore this marriage.

No comments: