Friday, May 11, 2007

Interview Pt. 2

I've cried three times in my career as a teacher. Once, when after a car accident that totalled my car, my boss wouldn't let me go home because she believed that the staff meeting after school was so important that I couldn't miss it. (It wasn't.) A second time just this year in frustration in my principal's office. And today, in an interview for the job of assistant principal. The principal interviewing me asked me what legacy I would like to leave. I don't know if it was the emotion of the day with the senior awards assembly or what, but that was a most uncharacteristic display of emotion for me. Weird.

The answer to the question what legacy do I want to leave, by the way, is I want people to know that I care. I hope my legacy is, "She cared."

No comments: