Sunday, December 9, 2007

Inconsistent

There's nothing more daunting than a blank page, especially if you consider yourself a writer. I guess everyone is a writer if they write. But I digress. I was just reading a website called Advent Conspiracy. What a great idea. In a nutshell, it encourages people to worship more, spend less, give more, and love all. Worshiping more is relatively easy to do. Spending less--not as easy. Giving more? Whew. It's ironic to think about all the holiday parties and family gatherings we put on our calendars. Spending less money on more thoughtful gifts and giving more time to build relationships requires time. Time is what becomes so scarce this time of year. Maybe the point is: spend time with the people you love all year round. Tell them how much they mean to you, maybe even give thoughtful, inexpensive gifts all year long. Now I remember why I was really overwhelmed with a blank page. I was thinking about writing poems for people I love. I better get started.

No comments: